Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I "lost" my time slot! Ah HAHAHAsob.

Apologies in advance, as I plan on not making this post funny at all. I just wanna complain. Wah wah wah.

I'm having trouble understanding why ABC decides to move Lost's time slot all the damn time. In particular, why did they move it to Thursdays this year? It's a fourth year show that costs a ton of money to make, and it has slightly declining ratings each year, so why put it at risk?

My only guess is that they wanted to potentially lure some Grey's Anatomy fans by sticking it in its temporarily vacated place. But by doing that, it risks (momentarily) losing some loyal viewers by shifting it around, and it places it up against CSI, which is still one of the most watched shows on TV, as well as other horrible-but-highly-successful crap like Don't Forget The Lyrics and Celebrity Apprentice. Right now, ABC's filled Lost's old home with Supernanny.

Oh. Wait. I just did some research.

Apparently, this is a good thing after all. ABC's moving Lost out of the way of American Idol, which killed Lost in ratings last year, and CSI is about to run out of new episodes.

I'm stupid! ABC, you're smart! Keep doing what you're doing. I'm sorry I said anything. I totally owe you a blowjob now.

0 comments: