Friday, February 25, 2005

Metroid Prime: Echoes

I just beat it last night.

With Nintendo's new system (currently dubbed Project: Revolution) on the slate for the end of this year or early next, this probably means that the Prime branch of the Metroid series is over. When I realized that, I have to admit, I got a little misty-eyed as I watched my Samus stare down a beautifully rendered hideous shape-shifting blob. But I blasted it to hell anyway.

All joking aside, Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime: Echoes are two of my favorite games of all time. They're fun, they're beautiful and now, they're over. It's probably a few years off, but I can't imagine what's in store for the Metroid series. Aside from rinky-dink Gameboy versions. I know, I know, DS. I still can't get into that.

Sorry for another video game post.

1 comments:

Geoffrey said...

In other news, I just beat Mega Man 7. It had been the major hole in my Mega Man record, having been the only of the original series I'd never beaten. I figured I shouldn't do an entire post about it, cuz it's stupid. But God, that's been annoying me for TWELVE YEARS.

I'm way too happy right now.