Friday, June 24, 2005

More Ice Cream Wackiness!

Here's another story about ice cream sandwiches:

One hot summer day, my brother and I were trying to find some way to amuse ourselves while stuck inside the house. Eventually, we decided on having an eating contest with any food that was in the fridge at the time.

This almost immediately changed into a "who can eat the grosser thing" contest, with myself eating a spoonful of curry, and then my brother eating a bowl of mayonnaise, and then dying.

Just kidding!

But we did get tired of that, and then noticed that there was an entire box of Klondike ice cream sandwiches, which are the best kind. I can't find a picture of them, but point is they are thick, and they are square, and they come four to a box. Those are the points.

In the interest of collaboration, we decided to see how many bites it would take us to finish one. The first bar took five bites, passed back and forth. The second bar, only four, working at the corners. The third bar we managed to do three bites, but it was tough.

Last bar in the box, we kind of looked at each other, as if to say, "We can't really finish this in two bites, can we?" And then we said that out loud, and decided we could.

It was my turn, so I shoved as much of the ice cream sandwich in my mouth as possible, and said to my brother (through ice cream sandwich): "I can't fit anymore in my--"

At which point, he shoved the rest of the sandwich in my mouth.

Seriously. All of it, so much so that part of the sandwich went down my throat, and I couldn't even close my mouth. Also, I was sort of laughing, but in the way that you laugh when you aren't breathing air so much as sucking ice cream into your lungs.

I also couldn't actually get it out of my mouth. I guess I could have if I used my fingers, but it was literally stuck in there.

Anyway, I did finish it after about five minutes, and then my brother ate a tiny little corner that was still left.

And that's how my brother and I ate a box of ice cream sandwiches!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey alex....what are you doing later tonight? wanna, hang out?

Alex said...

Yeah, totally! What do you want to do?

Anonymous said...

i don't know...i was thinking maybe a, um, "contest"

or a movie! yeah, let's just go to a movie. i'll swing by at 8:12