Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Defending Brett Ratner

Brett Ratner, movie "director" has been picked to helm the sequel "X-Men 3," which has yet to start filming, doesn't have a finished script, and is coming out early next summer.

Naturally, the fact that Mr. Ratner is one of the blandest directors alive, (and I want to emphasize... He's not bad. He just has no style at all. His films feel flat. Which is almost worse than a bad director), has led to a lot of anger on the web from X-Men fans and movie fans alike. Avi Arad, CEO of Marvel Films, recently responded to this anger with my favorite paragraph of the day:

"Did you see 'Red Dragon?' Did you see that?" Arad asks, referring to Ratner's reasonably well-reviewed Hannibal Lecter remake. "And you saw 'Family Man,' which is totally different, a very emotional story. Then, you have two giant comedies. What are they thinking? This is a great filmmaker. Do you know how much experience this guy has? Let alone his new Jessica Simpson video? This guy knows what he's doing."
Ah yes. You have properly defended your point. I wasn't sure he was a good director, until you mentioned a mediocre movie, an awful movie, and a Jessica Simpson video. Good show, Mr. Arad. Good show!

I'd also like to mention that he probably mentioned the Jessica Simpson video because she's up for a part in the movie version of Marvel comic Mort, the Dead Teenager. Yeah. I'm a huge nerd, and I have no idea what that is, either.

Via Zap2it.

White-Boy Dancing Picture Via Defamer.



Update!
I steal Defamer's picture, they steal my "exclusive." Darnit. I'm unoriginal.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The relentless critic. First scientists, now movie directors.

Alex said...

Sorry. I just don't like things.

Anonymous said...

To Alex's "Sorry. I just don't like things." I must say but you do it in such a loveably ornery way. Cute - when you factor in all the variables.