Friday, July 01, 2005

July 4th Weekend Mix-Tape Madness

It begins... The July 4th Weekend Madness. Oh yes.

I haven't had coffee yet this morning, but I'm totally blasting my music. Which leads to this weird disconnect. My eyes are droopy, my brain hurts. But my head is totally bopping, and occasionally? I'm shaking my money-maker. Oh yes.

I think I've decided on the following songs for my weekend groove-fest:

- "Lose Control" Missy Elliott (To Make Me Dance)
- "ASAP" T.I. (To Make Me Hardcore)
- "Hollaback Girl" Gwen Stefani (To Make Me Walk in Time With People Through My High School)

I know we're not supposed to court our comments section, but I'm curious:

What songs are you using to celebrate America's bloody independence from Britain?

5 comments:

Stefan said...

Oh, without a doubt: Toby Keith's "Courtesy of the Red, White & Blue (The Angry American)". Puts a boot up your ass in the name of patriotism. And when those bells start ringing at the end, I stand up and salute an American flag made out of red meat.

Anonymous said...

well, red meat AND dixie chicks...

Alex said...

Here's another:

"Get it Poppin'" Fat Joe featuring Nelly

Perfect for Barbecues! (tm)

Chris Serico said...

For a solid dose of patriotic irony, how about "Holiday" by Green Day?

I beg to dream and differ
From the hollow lies
This is the dawning of the rest of our lives
On Holiday


Either that or "Holiday" by Madonna would suffice.

Anonymous said...

the entire Boston self-titled album is great for bbq's, driving, punching, or destroying. fact. i'm a scientist. so don't EVEN argue.

dusty