Thursday, October 20, 2005

Gimme One of Those Cookies

People who shop in food stores, feel my wrath!

This morning, I was waiting on line at the local deli, when the following happened:

Guy: Let me get a cup of coffee, thanks.

Deli Dude: You got it.

Guy:
...and a croissant.

Deli Dude: Okay.

Guy:
...and two chocolate chip cookies.

Deli Dude: You got it. [Pulls out two chocolate chip cookies.]

Guy:
No, not those, the other ones.

Deli Dude: These? [Pulls out an entirely different type of chocolate chip cookies]

Guy:
No.

Deli Dude: Why don't you show me?

Guy:
These [Points to cookies with M&Ms in them.]
In my personal experience, chocolate chips are entirely different than M&Ms. People continue to be remarkably stupid*.

*But probably not AS stupid as I think they are.

0 comments: