Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Jesus Christ

At work, my computer faces the corner of my shared office, my back completely to the door. Fortunately, my co-workers are extremely loud, so I know when they're entering and exiting.

Just a few minutes ago, with no one around I was typity-type-typing a report. When OUT OF NOWHERE I hear a tiny crazy voice right next to me say "Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii..."

I let loose a high-pitched scream and gasp at the same time, pitching my body as far away from the voice as I possibly can, which isn't very far considering the shape of my desk. So I slam my ribs into the sharp corner of the desk as I whirl and see the young daughter of one of my co-workers with a huge grin on her face.

I try to smile, which I'm sure looked awkward and say "I didn't hear you come in."

To which she responds "I know. If you heard me come in, I couldn't scare you."

I think I'm in love.

1 comments:

miss.marni said...

i have installed a monitor-mounted mirror for just this reason. not only were people scaring the crap out of me several times a day, some people would just stand there. seeing as how i'm sort of the receptionist for my department, this wasn't working out. imagine how shocked people are now when they sneak in to steal candy from the dish and i say "hi, *insert sneaky name here*" in my cheeriest tone. heh.