Monday, November 28, 2005

My Dog Is Basically A Cyborg

Weirdest thing I learned this weekend: my lovely golden retriever, Emma, has a microchip implanted in her shoulder.

My parents’ explanation: if Emma somehow gets lost, people with the proper technology can scan her to find her name and my family’s contact information. I’m pretty convinced it can also be used for some sort of GPS technology, though my folks for some reason adamantly deny it.

Anyway, I guess it’s probably a good thing, but that doesn’t make it not weird. It’s like all this time, I’ve been loving and petting a furry robot. And according to PKD law, that means I’m probably a furry robot too. Thing is, I just haven't realized it. Until now.

Damn you, Reality, and your multi-faceted nature.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Would you call your dog a CYBER DOG? because that's the incredibly lame name of the vegetarian/vegan hotdog and internet cafe where I work. -caitlin "can't remember her blogger password so she's posting as anonymous" steitzer

Anonymous said...

the cyber dog by the convention center? rad.

Anonymous said...

As a veterinary student (being 1/7 of a doctor) I can assure you that these devices are in no way used for dog mind control. That is simply ludicrous. Influence, however, is a horse of a different color. Now, every vet worth his or her salt knows that Eukanuba and Iams launched competing orbital alpha wave generators into Earth's upper atmosphere just after the Cold War, so here's a helpful hint if you want Emma to stick to Alpo: Wrap her in tinfoil. Right now.
Do it, Chris.
Do it for Emma.

Anonymous said...

yes, dusty, the cyber dogs by the convention center. If anyone is in the neighborhood between the hours of 7am and 11am monday or friday (and sometimes tuesday), please stop by, order a coffee, and slap me across the face several times to wake me up.