Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Black Cherry Vanilla Coke

At long last, Coca-Cola has mixed together my three favorite flavors: Vanilla, Cherry and Black*.

First sip: Very cherry-y. Not getting much vanilla. On the plus, it does taste different enough from regular Cherry Coke to justify its existence.

Second - Fifteenth(?) sips, while eating Subway sandwich: Soda is being overwhelmed by the hot peppers in my sandwich. Much like water, it does not soothe the pain of spicy foods in your mouth. That is the only valid comparison between Black Cherry Vanilla Coke and water. I'll wait till I'm done with the sandwich to have another sip.

Fifteenth - Final sip: Slightly warmer temperature, flatter texture brings out the vanilla flavor. Also very strongly and clearly black cherry instead of regular cherry. Tastes good.

Conclusion: Good soda. I don't know what situations I would prefer it to regular Coke or Cherry Coke, though. Maybe if I want some liquid candy? Solid, unremarkable.

Rating: 6/10.


*That was meant as a joke, but look at this. And also, just cuz I'm excited, look at this.

(I'm frightened to think what I would do without wikipedia. )

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dude, I'll go halves on a bottle of Raspberry Coke if we can get one on Ebay for 10 bux.

It's ON!

Alex said...

I'll assume this was some sort of blug for coke products, and leave it at that.

Anonymous said...

It seems you have confused Coke with Coca-Cola Classic, moron.

Anonymous said...

black coke looks like $50 for a 20oz bottle! Merde!

K said...

If you've just eaten something really hot, the best thing to do is eat a piece of bread (which supposedly absorbs the heat) or drink milk, which neutralizes the heat (the latter really works); drinking water just spreads the heat around. Ahem. This isn't blog spam for a site on spicy foods or anything. I'll go now.

But first, COKE ZERO, anyone? It rules.