Monday, April 03, 2006

Unappreciated Jokes

I was recently chatting with a lady at an organization that works closely on human rights... They're looking to hip up their audience with some young, fresh comedy, so naturally, they came to me.

Cough.

In any case, we were discussing what we could do at The PIT that would work well with their goals... She mentioned they have a big campaign coming up in June working with Torture Awareness (which June is dedicated to). So I suggested we could put up big signs that say:

"Celebrate Torture Awareness Month!"

...all over the theater. She didn't think it was that funny.

I think she would have thought it was even less funny if I mentioned the other idea I had, which was that we could have somebody whipping the improv groups as they performed.

0 comments: