Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Narf

Pardon me while I geek out in defense of Animaniacs.

I was sure I couldn't possibly be the first person to be annoyed or at least distracted this (see? i wasn't) -

In "Lady In The Water," the "Lady" is supposed to be some kind of fairy called a Narf (this isn't a spoiler, it's in all the plot summaries of the movie).

Does Shyamalan think he invented the word "Narf"? Narf is a "Pinky and the Brain" thing. And a pretty memorable one, at that.

I just hope there aren't other fairies in the movie called Zorts or Poits, 'cause if that's the case, then I figured out the twist already.

The lady in the water was Pinky the whole time!

2 comments:

Alex said...

Agreed! From now on, let us indicate terror by having old dudes shouting rock songs.

Geoffrey said...

Did...did Andrew just tear into "Lost" on Elephant Larry's Group Blog? The official television drama of Elephant Larry, Elephant Larry's Group Blog, Myspace.com/elephantlarry and the rest of the Elephant Larry Media Empire?

Lay off man! That show is a solid B+!