Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Yes, Another Post About Studio 60

[Scene is 50th Street, between 7th and 8th. 9:30am, on the way to work.]

Me: I wasn't crazy about last night's Studio 60.

Her: Really?

Me: Yeah. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoyed it. But the writing... I think the writers for the episode weren't as good. They were doing that thing they do on CSI that I hate?

Her: You mean when somebody explains something to the other person, even though they both know what they're talking about?

Me: Exactly! I mean, both characters know exactly what's going on, it's not like one of of them is stupid. But they still explain exactly what's going on to the other person, and THEN feel like they need to illustrate it with an example. Like, if they're looking at a body and one says, "There's something strange with his wrist." And the other says, "Carpal Tunnel Syndrome?" And then the first person says, "Carpel Tunnel Syndrome is a painful disorder that..." etc. It's ridiculous.

[Pause.]

Her: You know you just did it, right?

Me: Did what?

Her: Repeated what I just said, even though we both knew what we were talking about, and then gave an example.

[Pause.]

Me: Maybe those writers aren't so stupid after all?

[Cut to commercial.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the best post abot Studio 60 since the first episode.

Anonymous said...

Whadda ya say I make a comment on this post by adding my comment down here below the post, in the area labeled "Comments"? That way everyone can read my comments, and they'll know they are in reference to the post above! You know, like they did in that one Family Guy post.

Chris Serico said...

Shortly after 3 p.m. EST, I typed words that you are now reading.