Tuesday, February 20, 2007

An Apology

Earlier today, I claimed that Elephant Larry was somehow involved in a series of strange experiments. I suggested them to be genetic in nature, and resulting in activities that can best be described as "paranormal." However, I regret to inform you, the ELGB reader, that none of this actually happened, and for that I am sorry. I allowed my affection for rhyming monosyllables to outweigh the importance of perhaps the only thing that brings this chaotic swarm of ones and zeroes any sense of grace at all: the Truth.

Please forgive me. I know not what I do. Please forgive me. I can't stop loving you. Don't deny me this pain I'm going through. Please forgive me if I need ya (sic) like I do. Please believe me! Every word I say is true! Please forgive me. I can't stop loving you. Still feels like our best times are together. Feels like the first touch.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I declared deadpan recital of song lyrics not a joke 18 months ago, with a special case for rap. So I hope that was sincere intent up there.

Anonymous said...

murchie, i have no doubt it was sincere intent, so sleep easy. if it were lyrics from a lesser artist, maybe....but not brian adams. chris knows better. chris knows those lyrics cut like a knife. and it feels so right.

Anonymous said...

"I bought my first dead body! Bought him at the five and dime! Tried to bring him back to life! Was the Summer of Frankenstein!"

Wait. This is a parody. I'm in the wrong box.

Sorry.