Monday, February 12, 2007

Trends That Should Stop Immediately

Playing the piano on the beach in your music video. Seriously, cut it out. We get it. Pianos aren't supposed to be on the beach. You're totally deep and awesome; now get back into a studio and dance or something.

Evidence:

- All American Rejects - "It Ends Tonight"

- Augustana - "Boston"

- Norah Jones - "Don't Know Why"

- Five for Fighting - "Hundred Years"

I'm also pretty sure there's a Fray video, and a James Blunt video where they're playing pianos on the beach. I'll let you know when I find them.

Any other ridiculous music video trends that have to stop?

2 comments:

Stefan said...

I think Hinder should stop making videos all together. We get it. You're very angst-ridden and you sound like Nickelback, but with more tattoos.

That said, I kinda love Hinder for all those reasons.

Anonymous said...

I can tell you of a trend I want to START because of a music video:

I have always sworn that if I ever go to the opera, I will start singing 'Voices Carry' under my breath and then finally stand up and scream/sing at one point: "HE SAID! SHUT UP! HE SAID! SHUT UP! / OH GOD WHY CAN'T YOU KEEP IT DOOOOOOOOWN! / VOI-CES
CARR-RRYYY..."

That would be fun.