Tuesday, April 10, 2007

My Missed Connection

Last night on the way home from rehearsal, I stopped by the ATM at my local bank to replenish my personal cash supply.

It was after hours and totally empty inside the bank, except for this amazingly cute girl who seemed vaguely familiar. I flashed a nervous smile and went over to the machine when all of a sudden all the lights went out. I don't know if it was just a blown fuse or localized blackout or what, but when I tried to get out, I couldn't--the electronic door was locked and I was trapped inside. Rather, WE were trapped inside: me and the beautiful girl.

So there I was, stuck with this really cute girl inside this vestibule of sorts, so I was like hey, might as well make some small talk, right? It was awkward at first, but eventually she offered me some gum, which I accepted, but then I said something totally stupid, and almost choked on it 'cause I thought it was already chewed on or something. It's such a blur, I can't totally remember. But I do remember the lights coming back on while we were sitting down and playing a game with those dangly pens-on-chains by the deposit slips. I was hilariously bad at it.

Eventually, we said goodbye, and she kissed me on the cheek as we parted ways. I doubt I'll ever see her again. And though I know no one'll believe me, I'm think she was an underwear model! Does anyone know if I can get a copy of the security tape from the bank? You know, to show my friends?

6 comments:

Allen Strickland Williams said...

Malibu, you are truly amazing.

N K said...

Now THIS either actually happened to you, or was an episode of Friends.

Anonymous said...

I was totally believing this until you mentioned "rehearsal". Right!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for last night, Marathon Man *wink*

Alex said...

Ah, Blackout Thursday. Those were the good old days.

Anonymous said...

Tito, you're my favorite Jackson.