Friday, April 20, 2007

Scary!

So we were out shooting a video yesterday in the wilds of slightly-north-of-New-York-City. Tromping through the woods, being in tall grass, all that. Lotsa fun, basically, all day, from 7 in the morning till 10 at night. Until I came home, got undressed and noticed this big black splotch on my leg.

Strange, I thought – maybe I got a scratch somehow? And then I saw the legs sticking out, and I realized that it was a tick, sucking on my blood. And GOOD GOD, I totally flipped out and ripped it the hell out of my leg. And I know that's not how you're supposed to deal with ticks, you're supposed to tweezer it out. But the prospect of this awful blood-sucking monster feasting was just somehow horrendous and gross and very invasive and I just wanted it GONE. Thankfully, I got to it before it had had it's "bloodmeal" (yep, that's what it's called) so there's no risk of lyme disease, but still. Disgusting, on some sort of primal level I wasn't fully aware of.

That said, I can't wait to spend my entire summer outside.

0 comments: