Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Let's Talk Deathly Hallows

Okay, I've finished the book now... Have you?

Totally spoiler free, and no "hilarious" jokes*, I thought this was probably the most satisfying ending to any series in recent memory.

I'm trying to wrack my brain, but I seriously can't think of anything that ended to fans satisfaction the way this book does (and I don't think there's really any wiggle room, like "I was happy with the ending, but its up to the reader to decide for themselves!"). The only series of anything (books, movie, television) that had a great ending recently was the Lord of the Rings trilogy, and even that was derided for going on way too long. HP&TDH has the wherewithal to not only end properly, but end on time.

So... What do you guys think?


*Snape totally does Harry up the butt!**

**This was a note from earlier, in case you missed the initial asterisk.

0 comments: