Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Stuck

All, right what do people do when they get songs stuck in their heads? I am now in the middle of my second week of being unable to think of anything but Feist's "1234," and it's starting to impact my life negatively:

1) My head is throbbing from thinking about it too much. It's actually a piercing annoyance at this point. So from a purely physical perspective, it's not good.

2) I have ceased to enjoy a wonderful, wonderful song because I have completely overdosed on it. And it really is very good.

3) My new job(!) requires watching and listening to things on a computer and that is hard to do when you are, instead, watching the video displayed below.

4) It has started forcing me to do everything in fours.

In case you haven't seen it for whatever reason:

8 comments:

K said...

Ya gotta put another one in there to replace it, man

YOU'RE WELCOME

mary said...

2 things:
1. every single morning, without fail, i will have some random song stuck in my head that i will sing in the shower until i - yes k - replace it with something else. i am thinking of keeping a journal of these "morning songs", as i call them, to see if there's any pattern?
2. i think big girls know they are beautiful, okay? i mean, the other day some guy shouted at me, almost spitting with anger, "FAT GIRLS! THAT'S what i want." okay, i get it. sorry. geez...

Anonymous said...

(Ohhh-woh-hoh!) I'm sorry Geoffrey...

Anonymous said...

Margaritaville!
SD

Jodi said...

Strangely enough, sometimes playing the actual song works for me.

Geoffrey said...

OK, I've managed to get it out of my head with another song.

The song? "Fido, Your Leash Is Too Long" by Magnetic Fields.

Which now, of course, is stuck in my head.

missel said...

There are a lot of wonderful Magnetic Fields songs to get stuck in your head, but that's not one of them. I'm sorry.

I have the worried cries of Brewers fans stuck in my head, and I love it.

Anonymous said...

you can always fall back on "yellow submarine." i had that stuck in my head for several years of grad school.