Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Two Awful Songs and One Good One

Here are two actively awful songs that I've totally been in love with lately, and one actively good one.

1. Jason Mraz, I'm Yours: Yeah, I know. Fucking awful. The lyrics are near retardation level. And it's beyond derivative. But there's something pleasingly pleasant about it.



2. NKOTB, Summertime: Clearly the most embarrassing song of the summer. Which would be obvious enough from listening to it, but once you see the video, you may literally cringe away in shame. And yet: "Summer is fun!" + "Boy Band" = Song I will like all the time. Check it out here.


3. MIA, Paper Planes: This is the good one. I think my recent likeage of this has to do with its use in the Pineapple Express trailer. I will say the video makes me like it less, because it looks like MIA needs to take a nice, long nap.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hm. I wonder if ol' Mraz has ever heard that Israel Kamakawiwoʻole medley of Over The Rainbow and What A Wonderful World.

Something's telling me he has. Maybe I'm CRAZY.

Unknown said...

I'll submit that
this song
, Lovely Day by Donovan Frankenreiter as featured in Snakes on a Plane is one of my favorite near-retarded-but-totally-great summer songs.

K said...

Everybody knows the best bad song is the five-dollar footlong jingle on the Subway commercials. Summer's hottest jam.

K said...

Zoops.

Anonymous said...

Hey speaking of Subway and things that are retarded...

www.nwsubway.com

Geoffrey said...

Ha. I've been meaning to tell you how awesome that is, Ted. That is awesome. Great job.

Speaking of commercial jingles!