Tuesday, November 04, 2008

At the booth

My booth didn't break today, as it did for many others (Stefan, my brother, lots of people in NJ). I didn't have to fill out a paper ballot or even stand in line for very long. I was at a packed voting site, yet managed to get in at a point where the wait time was more than reasonable.

My only voting experience of note was that I stood in line behind a human raisin. She was around 90 years old, stood no taller than 4 foot six, wore a tight wrinkly down coat, and bounced a little from side to side when she advanced on the line.

Oh, and she had glasses. Raisins wear glasses, right?

Anyway, yeah. Human raisin. Quite adorable, and as it turns out, DELICIOUS.

1 comments:

K said...

Voted at 4:30 in Sunset Park and was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Unbelievable!