Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Coffee and Fish

Maybe this isn't normal.

I've been eating tuna salad for lunch and dinner all week long (that's not the part I'm worried about), and I'm finding that I have a strong craving for coffee to go with my tuna fish. A really strong craving. It's so delicious.

Now, I understand why I might have an associative, nostalgia-based connection between these two foods. Many of my earlier tuna salad experiences involve bagels, and bagels pair well with coffee. But there's no reason to assume this connection should work without the bagel in between. It just works on its own; coffee and fish and mayonnaise taste good together. Somehow.

This isn't how things are supposed to be. I know it sounds gross on paper, but try it before drawing any conclusions. Or perhaps you already have and you agree with me, and this actually is normal after all. Perhaps.

1 comments:

Douglas Cress said...

I have a pathalogical disgust for tuna fish.