Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Never Stop Eating

Tomorrow morning, for the first time since, oh, I don't know, 1983 or something, I'm having a routine* physical done. In order to do that, I was told I need to fast, but promptly forgot when that was supposed to start. Then, when I got on the phone with the doctor's office, I completely blanked on the word "fast." Scrambling to say something, the way I asked was:

"When do I have to stop eating?"

Which of course implies that I will never, ever stop eating, right up until that moment. And that I will only do so with much regret, because I'd really prefer to never stop eating food.

The funnier part about this is, it's pretty much true. If I could just keep stuffing food down my gullet, I would.

Anyway, Midnight is when I need to start fasting, in case anyone is out with me at the Cheesecake Factory.

*I like using the word routine here, because it implies something that is done a regular basis, which this clearly is not.

0 comments: