Thursday, November 18, 2004

Oh, Lympics!

NY Times has as a description of the final bid to get the Olympics to NYC in 2012. Included with this is a very slow loading infographic, showing you where each of the new buildings would go, where the events would be, etc.

Turns out, the Olympic Village is close to where I live. Here's a picture (I live in a big red X, village is everything exc ept my building and the building with the smokestacks):



There's nothing I'd like more than to take the ONE SUBWAY IN THE AREA to work with forty thousand extra people each morning. Also, I'd love there to be non-stop construction for the next eight years. Thank you, NYC2012 committee!

Also, funny story, in reality there's a building next door to mine, called Riverview, between my building and the smokestacks. I guess part of the plan is to destroy that building by 2012? If so, good. The Riverview guys are total pricks.

2 comments:

christopher said...

Also, noticeably absent from these plans is the NEWTON CREEK SEWAGE TREATMENT PLANT directly south in Greenpoint.

I lived about a quarter mile away from the Newton facility last year, and I can't imagine the potential Olympic Village folk would be spared of its powerful scentacular presence.

Ah, sewage...how I miss thee.

Geoffrey said...

I wonder if Alex was home the day that picture was taken. Because if so, he might comprise a faction of a pixel through his tiny, tiny window.