Friday, November 19, 2004

Pictures of My Breakfast 6: Candy for Breakfast?!?

Hey there, Breakfast-Heads! First off, what do you think about your group designation, Breakfast-Heads? Let me know.

Second off, yesterday it was requested that I eat some candy, a Kudos bar, and some milk that's dyed blue and red. Luckily for me, I again had everything hanging around my house. Except Kudos. I had to buy Kudos.

Here's a picture of the breakfast ingredients, in case you want to make this at home:



To start, let's turn to the Kudos:



I chose the peanut butter flavor, because it won the 2004 Best Taste Award from the American Culinary Institute. Which sounds like I'm ironically making fun of it, but is actually pretty impressive. Also, it was delicious. Cheers to you, Culinary Institute!

Next the candy. To be honest, I'm pretty sure Kudos IS candy, but I don't want to take a chance. When you're this new to the game, you don't want to insult your fans.

Lucky me, my roomie had brought back Goo Goo Clusters from her recent business trip to Nashville:



Goo Goo Clusters are one of the candies described in the awesome, awesome book Candy Freak, by Steve Almond. Only sold in the south, these chewy confections are made up of thick chocolate, chewy marshmallow, Caramel, and Peanuts. What makes the Goo Goo Cluster exceptional, however, is that they use WHOLE peanuts. In your snickers bar, you're usually getting chopped or half peanuts, but here, they just shell the peanuts and plop 'em in the candy. It's delicious, and totally gooey.

Next up, we got the milk. I put it in wine glasses, so you could properly experience all the horror. I added one drop of food coloring to each glass. First, the red:



Then the blue. Here's both glasses after I swirled them a bit:



The horror. The horror. Actually, here they are after I mixed 'em:



Not so horrible after all. And then I ate everything!



All in all, not a terrible breakfast. Also, not satisfying, so I made myself an egg and coffee, which I didn't take a picture of, but one of the eggs was a mutant! It had two yolks! AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Have something you'd like Alex to eat for breakfast? Is it something people might actually eat for breakfast? Then request it in the comments section!

5 comments:

Jeff said...

I really really need to see a picture of coffee.

I swear to god, Alex, if you don't take a picture of coffee soon, I'm gonna kill you.

Hope you're having a great day!

-jerf

Stefan said...

Okay. My next request for breakfast is 1 cup of coffee, 1 wineglass of coffee, 1 bowl of coffee & 1 coffee-soaked paper towel.

Geoffrey said...

Potato chips.

christopher said...

Yeah. Potato chips. If you could crush three of them, that'd be cool.

Feel free put to put them on the coffee stained paper towel to save counter space.

Anonymous said...

Savory French Toast!