Friday, December 17, 2004

Straight From the Dorkbox

Oh my god.

I just received some incredible news:

The Final Fantasy Concert Series is premiering in Chicago this February 19, 2005! I'm so psyched, that I'm gonna try and post an image on the blog for the very first time!



Wow!

For those of you--sorry--for nearly all of you who don't know, Final Fantasy is a breakthrough series of role playing games, originally created by Squaresoft for the Nintendo systems. With each new release, Final Fantasy has set the standard for the RPG genre, and true fans appreciate the time and expertise put into each game's storyline, characters, graphics, and music.

I know they've released orchestral versions of the game soundtracks before, and I've always found that pretty cool because the music is actually very moving and beautiful. The same dude, Uematsu, has produced the music for all the FF's. This is somewhat impressive, as I think they're up to number twelve now.

According to the press release, the folks at Square-Enix promise "an unforgettable evening, featuring music from the world-renowned FINAL FANTASY video game series, as performed by the Chicagoland Pops Orchestra and the CPO Festival Choir conducted by the Grammy Award winning Arnie Roth. Outstanding graphics will tie memorable moments from the video games along with the scores on massive screens during the performance."

For some reason, the concert series is called Dear Friends, but as I'm currently in no position to deem anything as "stupid" or "uncool," all complaints shall remain silent.

Hey. All you lucky dicks in Chicago. You can get tickets here.

What? You want more Final Fantasy links? Well, ok...

You can keep up to date at Square-Enix's main site for breaking news, including the trailer for the new, straight-to-DVD movie, Final Fantasy: Advent Children (don't worry, it'll be better than that other one). For all other things Final Fantasy (i.e. screenshots, wallpapers, game descriptions, faqs, interviews, dating tips, etc...), check out Final Fantasy Online. And finally, to answer your question, yes, I am a subscriber to the Final Fantasy e-mail list, but you can just shut the fuck up 'cause at least I'm not these guys.

4 comments:

Alex said...

Nerd.

Anonymous said...

Chris!

Way to speak your mind about what moves you, even though it may not be "cool"...You're an inspiration to all of us.

~Anonymous

christopher said...

Thanks, Anonymous.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

In fact, if you hadn't posted that comment, just now, only a few minutes before, I would have been tempted to post the same exact thing. With perhaps the same exact wording. From the same exact computer.

Except I would sign my post as "Chris" not "Anonymous".

Alex said...

Only nerds use computers.