Friday, December 17, 2004

Time to Bang Olufsen

Bang Olufsen makes probably the finest audio equipment in the world. While searching online for a new CD player today, I decided to torture myself by checking out their website. Where I found this:



What you're looking at is the Beocenter 2 Audio System and the Beovision 5 Television, the perfect accesories for your spaceship or future home.

Now, just to geek out for a second (sorry, I mean for 27 years), the Beocenter, besides being RIDICULOUS looking:

- Stores up to 200 CDs.
- Plays DVDs. In fact, if you get a Bang & Olufsen TV, when you put in the DVD, it will TURN ON THE TV FOR YOU AND CHANGE THE CHANNEL to properly play the DVD. Jesus Christ.
- Connects wirelessly with your computer to coordinate any digital music that's on it, with absolutely no uploading or sorting on your part. It just knows when your computer is on, and will connect to your music.

Also, they don't list prices on the site, but I can tell you that each of these pieces is several thousand dollars, if not tens of thousands of dollars. For goodness sake, you have to make an appointment to try them out.

I realize there's nothing funny about this post, I just needed to share my pain and anguish over not being fabulously wealthy with the world.

3 comments:

Stefan said...

Personally, I'm salivating over this ridiculously gorgeous phone. Oh my god.

Anonymous said...

Imagine being half scandinavian and poor. Not only do I have the economic hurdle, but clearly bastardized, I don't seem to be of pure enough blood to have sound like this.

The Phone? Well, I'm on the fence. It's all fine and good until someone falls on it.

--Erik

christopher said...

That's what I was thinking too...I just didn't have the courage to say it.