Monday, January 10, 2005

Do I need to apologize?

Last night I dreamt I was sitting at a large dinner table filled with people. I was sitting across from Martin Scorsese. Somebody near was saying something about Italy, and at one point he asked, "Hey, does anybody know how to say ‘voyage’ in Italian." Martin Scorsese and I said "Viaggio" at the exact same time. Then I muttered, "Jinx." The entire table erupted with laughter. Martin Scorsese looked confused. Somebody leaned over to him and said, "You can’t speak anymore." Martin Scorsese looked very sad. Then I leaned across the table and said, "Martin Scorsese." Martin Scorsese looked apprehensive. I explained to him, "now you can speak again because I said your whole name." Martin Scorsese nodded in understanding and went back to his meal, a little wounded inside. I’m not sure if he got over it. I had no idea he would take it so hard.

2 comments:

christopher said...

Last night I dreamt I was a zombie. I'm not kidding. I wasn't scared of the other zombies. It was weird.

Anonymous said...

uh-oh... I always wondered why I'm not scared of zombies (and certain exotic dishes)