Friday, January 28, 2005

Oil

So my family and I were driving to the ferry to drop me off so I could continue my work day in Manhattan. On the way there, an oil truck pulls up next to a house, across the street from a Verizon van that is in the middle of the road due to snow. So we can't get through. My Dad honks futilely before starting a U-Turn.

Once we complete our U-Turn, we see another oil truck, who is now stuck behind the first oil truck/Verizon van combo. As we pass him, he shouts to us "Damn oil trucks!"

That was the best oil truck guy ever.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

...worst story of all-time

Anonymous said...

Gee, I thought it was sort of cute. Maybe not ha ha funny, but cute funny. I'm sure the shouting oil truck driver has done his share of blocking traffic and being cursed at. I always appreciate a classic karmic event.

And of yeah, IMHO there is nothing more obnoxious than a nasty anonymous poster.

Anonymous said...

no, I like the subtle observation of irony. and should a verizon van be next to an oil truck, isn't that the kind of thing that makes you spontaneously combust?

Geoffrey said...

I just explained the story to someone using DVD cases as trucks, and that seemed to work better. I will be sure to use diagrams next time.

I also explained that it was the driver of oil truck who said "Damn oil trucks!", since I didn't in the original post. Yeah.

N K said...

Wha? Huh? DVD cases? I like the story but now I'm so confused! What were the DVD cases doing? Which DVD's?

Anonymous said...

I stand corrected by the fellow anonymi who pointed out the subtle irony. That's what I meant: ironic, not cute. I always get the two mixed up. PS You should see my puppy.

Anonymous said...

i hope one of the DVDs was Over the Top. that might help a lot; i mean it's probably got a truck on the cover, right?