Tuesday, January 18, 2005

(Totally) In the Loop(ed)

Hey, guess what I may have learned this weekend:

The term "in the loop" comes from Chicago's mass transit system, suggesting that at one time, being in Chicago's main downtown and business area somehow meant you were "in the know" or "part of the process." I don't know about you, but I think that's pretty cool.

In an inspirational burst of fact-checking, I found some website that says otherwise, but I'm making a conscious decision not to believe it.

Also, in an inspirational burst of relevence, check out Totally Looped. Why? Because we're performing with them this weekend in San Francisco, that's why.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, ever since reading this I've got this tape loop of "here we go loopty loo, here we go loopty la' running incesssantly in my head. I'd state simply that I feel like I'm going crazy but maybe the proper terminology would be: "GOD!I'm really looped." Of course, how would I know? Similiar to the "flies in your eyes" syndrome as discussed in Catch 22 it would seem that one who is looped cannot state unequivocly, GOD! I'm really looped. Then again, who am I to say? ... anything! Anyway, time for breakfast. What cereal will I be choosing today?