Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Happy Spy Wednesday!

Or sad Spy Wednesday, if you're Christian.

You see, Spy Wednesday is the day that Judas betrayed Jesus. And if you're Christian, you like Jesus a whole lot and wouldn't want to see him betrayed even a little bit, much less betrayed to the point of dying torturously by crucifixion. Therefore you would be sad. There. Aren't you glad I explained what sadness is?

In any event, Spy Wednesday is easily the coolest sounding day in the Christian calendar. Here is what seems to be an artist's depiction of Spy Wednesday. I'll bet Judas is that guy in green, giving the guy in purple the thumbs up!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, Geoff. I always thought Spy Wednesday was a cool sounding day. Alas it is my nature to want more. So whenever I reflect on the coolness of Spy Wednesday I always get into bemoaning why all the days of Holy Week don't have a name.

To wit: you got Palm Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Spy Wednesday, Holy Thursday, Good Friday, Holy Saturday and Easter Sunday.

Monday and Tuesday scream for more attention and Holy Saturday says, hey wait Holy's been used already, hasn't it?

You know, while were at it, can't help but think the whole Bible is in bad need of a rewrite.

signed,
Not Geoff's Dad

Anonymous said...

I don't know Geoff, I would imagine that Judas would be the guy on the left who has the devil putting his hand on his shoulder...and since he's getting a bag, probably filled with silver coins, I would have to say it is most certainly him.

signed,
One of your many brothers

Anonymous said...

I completely disagree with you, Geoff. Spy Wednesday doesn't sound any "cooler" than Pearl Harbor sounds "shiny" or D-Day sounds like an uber-cool birthday party.

Geoffrey said...

I have to disagree, one of my many brothers. That is clearly Jesus, accepting advance payment on the frame-up he is about to foist on Judas.

I mean come on. Don't you read the Bible?

Anonymous said...

Ian? Is that you? Over here. Dad. Fancy running into you in these parts. Cool. So anyway, what time you coming over Saturday?

Geoff? Should I even bother? Is this another holiday you'll be "busy"?