Thursday, March 03, 2005

I [Less Than Three] NY

Now this is the sorta thing that makes me proud to be a New Yorker.

I know it's irrational, and I'm usually pretty supportive of the whole first amendment thing. But when it comes to New York, motherfucker better back the fuck up.

Honestly, I sympathize with what he's fighting for, but come on. He's arguing that his logo differs from ours because "the lettering is a different style, the heart is more rounded and [the] printing is in two shades of blue."

Whatever.

On a side note, I'm more than willing to accept this shirt, as the sentiment expressed is obviously meant to be a ridiculous joke.

Oh what? Snap, anyone?

Via Fark.

8 comments:

Alex said...

NJ got served!

Stefan said...

And don't forget this charmer, a personal favorite.

Anonymous said...

"Stewart also gave us a sneak preview of his latest design: 'FU NY'."

Anonymous said...

did i miss something? does NY have a copyright on "loving"?

Stefan said...

Well, no, NY does not have a copyright on loving. What they DO have a copyright on is the I (heart) NY construction, which seems incredibly obvious now, but like much good design was actually very innovative at the time (consider how often it's been ripped off as an example of its power). It's also designed by Milt Glaser, the very famous designer -- so it ain't just some anonymous NY hack throwing it together, but a serious bit of NY iconography.

Anonymous said...

i went to see milt glaser speak once, because i thought how cool he invented such an important graphic, and he said something that has stuck with me to this day: he said "my fear of embarrassment drives me more than my ambition".

mary said...

i went to see milton glaser speak once, years ago, because i thought how cool, he invented such an important graphic, and he said something that has stuck with me to this day. he said: "my fear of embarrassment drives me more than my ambition". i still don't know if that's sad or completely true...

mary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.