Monday, April 04, 2005

Found!

Here's something I passed by yesterday morning.



There are a couple of things that I like about this, besides my affection for objects that beg you to reconstruct the circumstance leading to their existence. One is that it is blatantly obvious why it's in the trash -- I doubt that somebody inscribed "Hitler (heart) U" on their own pillow and then had a change of heart. Some dillweed thought it would be hilarious to deface their friend's pillow. This prank was in no way funny at all to the alleged object of Hitler's affection, and so the pillow was unceremoniously thrown out.

The other thing I really like about this is that it's an absurd secret admirer note from Hitler. There's no claim that the pillow-owner actually likes Hitler at all, it's just that Hitler happens to loves the pillow-owner. I guess I can't even imagine Hitler giggling over this and asking the dillweed: "Psst. Could you please pass my dear love this note. And do so in pillow form." In addition to that tortured scenario, it's also grammatically incorrect and awkward to say "Hitler Love U." The prank itself seems so amateurishly and unfunnily pulled off -- basically just a dick move -- and I guess that's what I find endearing/charming about it.

I in no way find Hitler endearing or charming. In fact, I hate Hitler.

0 comments: