Friday, May 06, 2005

So This Is Awesome

A bunch of MIT students are throwing a Time Traveler Party this weekend. Or according to them: the world's first convention for time travelers.

If you live in Boston, there are very few reasons you shouldn’t go. These guys are funny:

"The odds of a time traveler showing up are between one in a million and one in a trillion," says Amal Dorai, who conceived the convention.

These guys are smart:

They contend that theirs is the only time traveler convention the world needs, because people from the future can travel to it anytime they want.

And, Jesus Christ, these guys are gonna have a real potential time machine there!

For relevancy’s sake, here are the three best time-traveling movies ever. And according to Geoff and my roomies, also this one probably.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ted, while I agree that, in time, our band will be most triumphant. The truth is, Wyld Stallyns will never be a super band until we have Eddie Van Halen on guitar.

Yes, Bill. But, I do not believe we will get Eddie Van Halen until we have a triumphant video.

Ted, it's pointless to have a triumphant video before we even have decent instruments.

Well, how can we have decent instruments when we don't really even know how to play?

That is why we NEED Eddie Van Halen!

And THAT is why we need a triumphant video.

EXCELLENT!

christopher said...

Ahhhhhh, yes.

B&T should totally be up there too.

I admit ownership of that bad.

Anonymous said...

No, it's okay. I prefer to stand.

Well, alright, if you insist.

Hey, this is kind of a comfortable chair.

Oh, no thanks. I don't smoke.

Well, if you insist.

Hey, this is pretty good. Lucky Strike? I'll have to remember that.

No, I haven't seen her around recently. No way! Pregnant? What a slut.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him too.

Shit, my smoke went out. Can I borrow your matches. Thanks.

So, were they drunk? Figures. How did you find out?

Oh, that's strange. I wouldn't expect her to tell you, you know, like right away. Oh. I see.

Well, I gotta go. Thanks for smoke. Bye.

Alex said...

I have no idea where that dialogue is from, Ergo. Enlighten us.

Oh, and your answer can't be "my unproduced screenplay."

Anonymous said...

"I didn’t want my husband to get involved," a housewife said.

"We thought it was a lovers’ quarrel," said another woman.

"I went back to bed."

"I was tired," said a man.

"I didn’t know," said still another.

"I don’t know," said others.

Nobody can say why the thirty-eight did not lift the phone while Miss Genovese was being attacked, since they cannot say themselves.

christopher said...

Easy. Time Cop. Bam.

Anonymous said...

I have to believe in a world outside my own mind.

I have to believe that my actions still have meaning, even if I can't remember them.

I have to believe that when my eyes are closed, the world's still there.