Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Too Far

I just got back from my second visit to the Pita Pit right down the block from me, which will hereafter be referred to as "my" Pita Pit.

It started with the owner, who already recognizes me, asking if I had been to any Yankee games recently. I chatted him up a bit (the owner of the Pita Pit, that's who I chatted up), letting him know I was planning on going next week to see a Mariner game. I then ordered and moved down the line to instruct another man on what to put in my pita.

After making my pita, the second man then had this interaction with yours truly:

2nd Man: Do you live or work in the area?

Horrible Me: Yup.

2M: Then let me give you a menu so you can order-

HM: Already have one!

2M: (thinking I'm kidding) Got it on your refrigerator, huh?

HM: In a jar next to my refrigerator!

2M: (still thinking I'm kidding) Well hopefully it's see-through.

HM: It is!

2M: (face falls, realizes I'm pathetic) Oh.

I'm pathetic.

0 comments: