Friday, June 10, 2005

Reasons You Should See Every Show At SketchFest NYC Tonight AGAIN

I gotta tell ya, folks. I watched every show last night. And it was AWESOME. It was 1am and I honestly wanted more. That's how great it was last night. How could there be more awesome tonight? I have no freaking idea, but there IS:

7PM Below the Belt (NYC) - This used to be a show, but now it's a sketch comedy group. What you ask? WHAT?! HUH?! Yeah, seriously. They would organize this variety show every week and have some sketches in the middle of the other acts. And they were funny. Oh they were funny.

8PM Triplette (Chicago) - All female comedy from Chicago. I've only seen them do one sketch, and it was one of the darkest I've ever seen. Which, if you know me, you know I love. And it was a song too! I also love singing!

9PM Flaming Box of Stuff (Seattle) - One of the greats. Their shows not only have themes but have STORIES. Everyone has a steady character which they switch in and out of should the need arise. This one is based in a blue-collar brewery and is supposed to be amazing. I can't freakin' wait.

10PM The Cupid Players (Chicago) - All songs. Remember how I said I love singing? I DO love singing. They also have one of the best characters I've ever seen, a kid played by Jill Valentine. I dunno if they're doing it tonight, but I'm currently in the process of hoping so.

11PM The 3rd Floor (Portland) - The 3rd Floor gave the best live comedy performance I've ever seen. I'll leave it at that.

MIDNIGHT The Royal We (NYC) - You want funny? You want political-mindedness? You want MORE SINGING!? You want the Royal We. Some of the smartest stuff out there, if you're into satire. And I know you freaking are.

So go to UCB for a quarter of a day again. You know you want to. Nay. HAVE to.

0 comments: