Sunday, June 05, 2005

Zucchini Loaves Spam (this makes the following post sound grosser than it is)

I can't tell if this makes me cool or the biggest dork in town (though the fact that I just referred to "town" would probably point me towards the latter):

I just got spammed with a recipe for Zucchini Loaves.

The subject of the spam message is "Zucchini Loaves" and the body of the message is simply a recipe for zucchini loaves, along with a preface about how "Blair" was on vacation and came across this wonderful recipe while on her trip and that she wanted to share it with me.

So...

Does this spam mean that I've looked up too many recipes on Epicurious.com and am now on some kind of weird Foodie Watch List? Again, I can't tell if this is cool or lame.

Maybe it's boring. I can't even tell. All I know is I'm tired and very confounded by this weird spam.

I guess all I can really do is post the recipe here. I'm not a big zucchini guy, so if there are any experts out there, um, feel free to comment on "Blair"s recipe.

Blair's Zucchini Loaves

3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
3 cups shredded zucchini (1 1/2 pounds)
3/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 cup wheat germ
1/4 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons milk
1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
Combine first 5 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, stirring well.
Combine all purpose flour and next 9 ingredients, stirring well. Add zucchini mixture, stirring just until blended. Spoon batter evenly into 2 greased and floured 8x 4 x 2 1/2 loafpans.
Bake at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool pans on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans and cool completely on wire rack.

Combine powdered sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla, and milk, stirring until smooth. Drizzle evenly over loaves; sprinkle with pecans. Yield: 2 loaves.
**(These loaves may be frozen up to one month; drizzle with glaze after thawing.)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Drizzle with glaze?" Ew.