Friday, July 01, 2005

Grand Theft Girlfriend

Playing Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas earlier today, I encountered the following scenario:

You rescue a girl from a burning building. Which, by the way, you set on fire to kill a rival gang member.

The girl is shaken up, so you walk her home.

She says something to the effect of, "Hey, thanks, we should hang out some time." To which you say, "Cool, I'd like that."

Mission Accomplished.

Then, a box pops on screen that says:

DENISE IS NOW YOUR GIRLFRIEND.
PAY ATTENTION TO HER AND SHE WILL LOVE YOU.
STAND IN FRONT OF HER DOOR TO TAKE HER ON A DATE.

Once again, video games, exactly like real life.

3 comments:

Alex said...

I don't like to tell it, because at the same time, I was trying to kill one of the guys in TROOP!

Anonymous said...

Based on this thread, I am reserving my copy of GTA: Second City.

miss.marni said...

i love drive bys.