Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Squirrel

So Chris and I were in Washington Square Park yesterday, admiring the lovely day that I can hardly remember anymore, what with all this rain and that stupid two-hour-coulda-been-two-minute meeting I just got out of.

Anyway, I could detail the afternoon for you and I could describe how Chris and I wrote a sketch and rehearsed another one, but that's kind of boring. All I really want to tell you is that I saw a squirrel fall out of a tree. Actually, I didn't see it fall. I did see it smack against the ground with a breath-takingly funny THWUMP and immediately scamper back up the tree. I laughed pretty hard.

The best part is that I turned my head just before the squirrel hit. It was like serendipity. My head was in the right place at the right time to see a squirrel smack against the ground. Chris was facing me, so had his back to it, and I feel very, very sorry for him. It was very funny.

As I said, the squirrel immediately ran away, so I assume it was OK. Elsewise I'd be cruel to laugh. But I'd probably still laugh.

0 comments: