Thursday, November 17, 2005

Let's Go...Mets?

Well it's happened.

When my brother Ian majored in sports management in college, I knew it was a distinct possibility. When it comes to jobs you take the best one available, regardless of what silly (in the grand sceme, anyway) loyalties you have previously held. Our running joke was that one day he would be a general manager...for the Milwaukee Brewers.

Tomorrow, my brother has a job interview with the New York Mets.

In case you hadn't noticed, I'm a pretty big Yankee fan.

My head just exploded.

Actually in all honesty, it's not a really big deal. I've grown past my hating-the-Mets days of middle school and evolved a more laid-back, laissez-faire attitude about the Mets. Beating them in the 2000 World Series certainly didn't hurt. So if my brother got a job with the Mets, not only would I be totally fine with that...I'd root for the Mets. Get a Mets hat and everything. OK, that thought just made me shudder a little bit, but I'll get over it.

And hey. At least it's not the Red Sox.

...ok, fine, if my brother worked for the Red Sox I'd root for them. Yes folks. I love my brother even more than I hate the Red Sox.

Ironically, I think he would have a problem with that.

PS He also has a job interview with the New York Islanders today, which is pretty damn cool in its own right. Wish him luck!

2 comments:

Chris Serico said...

Let's put it this way: I've dated Mets fans, but never crazy-go-nuts Red Sox fans. Plus, my new nephew might just grow up a Mets fan, so I'll allow this.

If I were less forgiving, I'd have to practice throwing keys at a target with Geoff's face on the bull's-eye.

Anonymous said...

Ian is doing this just to taunt you. When will you learn: team loyalty is is thicker than blood.