Thursday, March 16, 2006

15 Down, 32 To Go

Lent is a jerk. I want to eat meat.

I know I mentioned this last year, but here's the thing with Lent: it officially ends on Palm Sunday. Then you enter the Holy Week which is just oh, I don't know, THE MOST SOMBER WEEK IN THE CATHOLIC CALENDAR.

So really Lent lasts 47 days, unless you're a jerk who decides that he can eat meat while Jesus is getting ready to die. And I'm a jerk, but I just can't bring myself to that level of jerkitude.

I would like jerk chicken. Or jerk pork. Or a burger.

7 comments:

christopher said...

You should take advantage of the St. Patrick's Day Corned Beef Loophole.

Anonymous said...

technically, lent does not include sundays.

Anonymous said...

Also, Jesus died a long time ago. Also, he forgives you for everything, so feel free to skip out on tradition. He'll let you off the hook. Y'see, he's Jesus.

Geoffrey said...

Yeah, he forgives everything, but in a "Sure, I forgive you, I guess" kinda way that you can tell he doesn't mean it.

Jesus is so passive-aggressive.

Anonymous said...

Anonymous is a liar! Lent DOES include Sundays. That's why they're refered to as the 1st Sunday of Lent, 2nd Sunday of Lent and so on. Because of Anonymous' lies, I'm going to hell because I've gone against my lent promises. Oh well, Lets go gambling on college basketball!!

mary said...

Geoff, you can do this. i know you can. you don't wanna make Jesus mad. well, actually, He might just say, "i'm not mad, i'm just disappointed." and that would be WAY worse...

Anonymous said...

it maybe should have been noted that annonymous is a jew...