Tuesday, March 21, 2006

one last Snake thing and then we'll stop. well probably not.

Chris alerted me to Josh Friedman's blog the other day. Josh is a screenwriter who was given an opportunity to rewrite "Snakes on a Plane" (he turned it down when he heard the studio was considering changing the title). Anyway, there's one section of Josh's experience that I think we should all study well:

----

During the two or three days that precedes my phone call with the studio, I become obsessed with the concept. Not as a movie. But as a sort of philosophy. Somnewhere in between "Cest la vie", "Whattya gonna do?" and "Shit happens" falls my new zen koan "Snakes on a Plane".

WIFE: "Honey you stepped in dog poop again. "
ME: "Snakes on a Plane..."
DOCTOR: "Your cholesterol is 290. Perhaps you want to mix in a walk once in a while."
ME: "Snakes on a Plane..."
WIFE: "Honey while you were on your cholesterol walk you stepped in dog poop again."

You get the picture.

----

I will do my part and adopt the expression "Snakes on a Plane" into my everyday lexicon. You should do the same.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What are the chances someone else on the plane has a crate of mongooses. That would be awesome.