Monday, September 11, 2006

Idiocracy

Just a heads up... If you live in a city that's showing this movie (Los Angeles, Atlanta, Toronto, Chicago, and Austin), go see it right now.

We went to check it out at LA's beautiful Arclight with some of the Troop! boys on Wednesday, and it was great. Like, really, really great. I know Geoff, Stefan and I enjoyed it a little more than the others, but I will say from my end, I don't think I've thought about a movie this much in a very long time.

The plot, FYI, has Luke Wilson plpaying the most average man in the world. He's frozen, and wakes up hundreds of years in the future, where he's now the smartest man in the world. Biting commentary and satire, fast and hilarious jokes, and a ton of totally justified toilet humor and cursing. This is definitely one of my favorite films of the year.

Also so you know, there has been NO advertisment for this film. No TV ads, print ads, anything. So if you're going, check the listings.

Related:
IMDB Page
Wikipedia Page

2 comments:

Biz and/or Jordi said...

I have to say Alex...that's exactly what Ted and I did before we left LA last week - we loved it! We saw it at the Westfield Shopping Centre and I nearly walked right into a guy carrying a tray of food in the food court. I looked up and it was B.J. Novak, producer/writer and star of The Office (he plays Ryan the Temp.) He gave me a slight smile and we looked at each other for a second too long (as I was deer in the headlights and his eyes are gorgeous) and he nodded his head (as if to say 'After you') and let us pass. The fellow standing behind him (also with food) is the hilarious fellow who plays Toby in human resources.)

I thought about turning around, drugging and raping him...but I didn't. No need to act like a star-struck tourist.

J.

Anonymous said...

I'm jealous. It's ridiculous that the one of the big epicenters of comedy nerdom - NYC - has been left off the release. But then again, it really shouldn't be a limited release anyway.

I'm heading to Atlanta this weekend and hoping it hasn't disappeared from theaters by the time I get there. But it probably will. Oh well, there's DVD... hopefully.