Monday, January 29, 2007

The Naked Brothers Band

I accidentally switched to this movie on TeenNick last night*, and it turns out it's hilarious, and great. Basically like Spinal Tap for 8 year olds, but sweet, and innocent, and well done.

It's directed by an alum of "Thirtysomething," stars her kids, who wrote all their own songs, as well as tons of cameos (Uma Thurman, Tony Shaloub, Cyndi Lauper, etc.) In any case, it's hilarious, and if you have a chance, check it out:

The Naked Brothers Band Movie Website

Also, it's been made into a series on TeenNick. Don't know how good that is yet, but based on the quality of the movie, I've set a Tivo season pass:

Naked Brothers Band: The Series


*Accidentally not because I was a) looking for another program on TeenNick, or b) was anxious to see a movie about Naked Brothers, but actually because c) I was switching away from "You're the One That I Want," the excrutiatingly horrendous Grease/American Idol hybrid as fast as I possibly could, and didn't care what I watched as long as it wasn't that.

1 comments:

Biz and/or Jordi said...

I've been wanting to see this! You can't beat kid bands. You can't!
If I could choose my own 8 year-old son, he'd be a grade school Nick Cave.

J.