Wednesday, October 03, 2007

A Study in Contrasts

So as Jeff mentioned below, we spent all of the first Saturday in California playing at Disneyland, mostly because I've in the past year become a bit of a hardcore Disney park enthusiast and dragged everybody else along with me. I was a bit worried that it was just going to be me totally excited and forcing everybody else to stay way past their bedtime. Thankfully, that was not the case and we all had a rad time, staying all the way till closing at midnight. Needless to say, I was blissfully happy.

Our two best purchases there were those souvenir photos you can buy when you get off a ride -- you know, the ones where you get to see what you look like at the height of your delight/fright/boredom or whatever. I don't think I've ever even considered buying them before, but our two were too good to pass up. Without further ado, I give you Splash Mountain:



What I like about it is how different each one our faces are.


Geoff: The Face of Abject Terror


Jerf: Delight/Looking Like He's About To Pee


Mary: The "What Have I Gotten Myself Into" Face


Alex: Manic Squirrel/Not Even Going To Look


Chris: Possibly Enjoying Himself or About To Cry


Stefan: Done This A Zillion Times But It's Still A Helluva Drop

Now contrast that with the following pictures from Space Mountain, on our third (!) ride of the day:




Geoff: Utter Delight


Jerf: Complete Ecstasy


Mary: Has Seen God


Alex: The Face of Orgasms Everywhere


Chris: Total Zen Contentedness


Stefan: Astonishment at Perfection of the Universe

Not that we didn't like Splash Mountain, but Space Mountain blew everything else at Disneyland out of the water for sheer and utter joy. From the initial launch sequence and the majestic pull-up into the darkness toward the spiraling galaxies to the rocking music accompanying the zooming through space to the 2001 Space Odyssey finish which made you feel like your eyeballs just exploded, Space Mountain was the total package.

Yay Space Mountain!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my stupid God, Space Mountain is amazing.

Amazing amazing amazing.

I was so overwhelmed by this ride that it was actually kinda moving. It restored a childlike innocence in me that I thought was lost forever. No kidding.

Baz said...

jeff's face on space mountain looks like a cigarette billboard.

christopher said...

Jeff found this yesterday, and I've listened to it about thirty times since.

Anonymous said...

SketchKamp 2008: Disneyland. Who's in?

Stefan said...

Duh.

Anonymous said...

Coney Island's Cyclone made me bawl and have fifty panic attacks, but I LOOOOOOOVE Space Mountain. I can't explain it. I love it and I can't explain it...

In!