Thursday, January 20, 2005

EsssssssEfffffff

So Elephant Larry's SF departure is less than four hours from now. I've never been before, so I'm pretty excited to see what all the fuss is about. I love being on the brink of going to a new place, especially after hearing so much about it for TWENTY YEARS NONSTOP.

It's funny, because as I take a step back to think about it, I'm honestly expecting to step into a city that's a weird amalgamation of the following:

  • Rice-a-Roni
  • Hills
  • Trolleys
  • Full House
  • Fog
  • Laid back-ness
  • The Golden Gate Bridge
  • Alcatraz/The Rock/Little Green Balls that Make Men's Faces Melt

...and returning with no heart because I left it there.

For the record, Chicago was pretty windy, I ate plenty of Deep Dish Pizza, and I'm pretty sure I ended up enjoying some Second City-related comedy.


3 comments:

A WALK IN THE PARK said...

uhh...hello...how bout the Grateful Dead??? Haight Ashbury anyone?

Anonymous said...

uh-oh. I hope I caught you in time.

I think I remember hearing somewhere...

"If you go to San Francisco, be sure to wear a flower in your hair."

christopher said...

Actually, I did end up wearing a flower in my hair. At least for a little bit. I put a flower behind my friend's ear and he forgot about it and had it there for about 5 hours or so. It was in Golden Gate park, and I think it was a daisy.

I can't totally remember though...I was a little distracted by the big three-pronged antenna looming ominously from Twin Peaks. I think it was trying to zap me.