Monday, January 31, 2005

Isn't SIDS Hilarious?

At some point this weekend, Stefan and I were talking about our recent feature on the website. I think we were discussing, well you know, how utterly brilliant and inventive we both are, when the conversation inevitably turned towards bands that don't exist. In the spirit of bad band names and bad taste, we were deciding which musical group we'd rather see:

Sudden Infant

or

Death Syndrome

I was leaning toward Sudden Infant. You see, I imagine them as a smaller international electronic outfit. They do experimental, free music using unconventional sound sources, lo-fi electronics and turntables. And with their humorous and highly improvised character, their fragmented field of sound comes to its own autonomy!

I don't want to put words in his mouth, but Stefan opted for Death Syndrome. Unlike SI, they're a fast metal band with hardcore breakdowns that loves to play and freak people out at their shows, they are loud and insane, and always get a great response and just love to play and make new friends.

Oh wait!

Nevermind.

Both of them already kind of exist.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to see Sudden Enfant Terrible, which I imagine to produce a soundscape reminiscent of a baby fixing a fusebox while listening to Bon Jovi's 'Living on a Prayer'.