Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Bats All, Folks

I'm sorry for the title. Although, in my defense, I am trying to get a job writing for the Daily News.

Anywho, I rag on Metro a lot, but only because it's the crappiest paper I've ever seen. But, for today only, I do have to give credit where it's due. While AM New York (which I greatly prefer) ran a cover story today titled "You're Buried!" about Trump's plans to sink the West Side Highway, Metro ran probably one of the greatest pictures I've ever seen.

During a Minesotta Twins game yesterday, designated hitter Michael Restovich shattered his bat while hitting a single. The shattered bat then flew into the crowd, and one photgrapher was able to get this ridiculously awesome picture:



Couple of things I want to point out:

1) The bat is completely level. There has to be some sort of spin on that, and it's shocking that no one was impaled.

2) Notice how everyone is recoiling in horror, but not actually covering their faces. In fact, most are lifting up their hands, so those might be damaged as well.

3) My favorite guy is the one in the upper left, who is screaming, and has chewing gum sitting on his tongue.
In case you're interested, nobody got hurt.

3 comments:

Geoffrey said...

This is the first thing I've read about baseball in a month that hasn't included steroids!

christopher said...

The woman on the bottom left looks like she's sarcastically saying, "Oh wow, I'm SOOOOOO scared of that bat."

Anonymous said...

"Then, Barry Bonds exploded."