Monday, March 14, 2005

Thank You, Benevolent Master!

Hey guess what. This is my new favorite web site/service:

www.maps.google.com

I wanted to type some exclamations points after that, but that might've confused the url.

Google's map service is quick, neat, and awesome. But the best feature by far has gotta be the SUPERSCROLL-a-DRAGGABILITY! For instance, I was just checking out the Washington, DC vicinity for our upcoming gig this Thursday, and BAM. I cursor-dragged myself all the way down to Miami. Just 'cause I felt like it. And then, another time, while dragging around NYC, it informed me that I live DUE South of Grand Central Terminal. Silly Manhattanized North! No human has told me anything nearly as interesting as that in months. The direction service is pretty cool too, with these great little direction pop up windows that are both helpful and strangely adorable.

I really love Google. And yeah, yeah, I know it's got major evil empire potential and the monopolizing of information is bad, but hey. Chill out and admit it: All these convenient services are totally worth any and all the brutal-techno-slavery to befall us.

0 comments: