Friday, March 04, 2005

Esas Lesbianas Muy Locas!


I had the "pleasure" of watching two episodes of The L Word the other night. Not being a pay cable subscriber, I've never seen the show, and this was a real eye opener... As to how badly it sucks.

Seriously, its nice that they've put the lesbian experience on TV, but perhaps someone should teach them how to write, or edit, or, you know, act.

Not all of it is bad. In essence, its a soap opera with lesbians transmuted onto all of the parts, male and female, with the requisite shock hook-ups, pregnancies, and threats of death that go with the territory. But I guess maybe I was expecting something good. Instead of, you know, the same old crap. And also its boring.

Speaking of bad, you absolutely must check out the theme song to the show, which is linked on the front page. Atrocious.

I'm willing to hear defenses from anyone who's seen the show... After all, I've only watched two terrible hours of it. But know in advance that I'm going to think your arguments are invalid and wrong.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

So who is the show for, if not Alex? And what's particularly meaningful about it?