Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Our Gay President

I want to just copy this story from today's AM New York, 'cause it made me snort:

BUSH'S GAY FAUX PAS
The day after he was seen holding the hand of Saudi Crown Prince Abdullah, President Bush found himself inadvertently inquiring about an annual gay party in Texas.

"Do you still have Splash Day?" Bush asked an audience in Galvestone, Tex., referring to what he knew as an annual beach party tradition dating back to the 1950s. He was met with laughter. "I'm not saying whether I came or not on Splash Day, I'm just saying, do you have Splash Day?"

Little did Bush know that the beach tradition has evolved into an unofficial gay and lesbian party.
Wouldn't it be nice to have a President who was slightly less like David Cross' character on Arrested Development?

Also, I give it five minutes before t-shirts with Bush's face on them appear on the net, with the slogan, "I Came on Splash Day!"

0 comments: